If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Golden Triangle, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Golden Triangle Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dogwalkers in Golden Triangle Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/east-calgary/
Dog Walking - Keeping Your Dog Healthy!
Finding a good dog walker to exercise your dog can be a bit tricky; after all we only want the best for canine family members. The internet has many listings for this service available and at a glance they all look promising. However there are a few things you should look at before handing your dog over to just any person willing to exercise your dog.
- Search the internet for dog walkers in your local area. When you have identified possible candidates take the time to read reviews regarding their service. Ask them for references, people that have used their service. Speak with as many of these people as possible so that you can get a good idea of how your canine companion will be treated. If there are no references available I would suggest not using the service.
- Ask you're Vet if they know of any dog walking services that they would recommend. Most veterinarians are up to date with these services and will likely point you in the right direction.
- Call a local dog club and ask if they know a reputable dog walking service. People that belong to dog clubs are usually good sources of dog information and will likely know of a good walker.
When you come up with a list of local walkers I suggest asking them for references. Call and talk with as many references as you possibly can to form your opinion of this service.
Once you have identified a walker you are interested in I suggest meeting them personally and have your dog present. See how they interact together and how the walker reacts in general. Are they kind, are they able to control the dog and do they reflect your values?
Ask a few questions like:
- What other services do they provide? If they provide other services like dog training, dog taxi etc., this shows that they are serious about what they do and very likely are competent walkers.
- Do they have dogs of their own and if so, how many and what dog breed? It is very unlikely that a good walker would not have a dog of their own.
- Do they have transportation, car, van or truck? And do they use a crate while transporting?
- Are they a licensed business and do they carry insurance?
Please take your time to find the right service for your canine companion and dig deep into your research. Once you have decided on a service give it a test run for a couple weeks and see how your dog reacts to the walker. Normally our dogs will let us know if something is not right, we just need to listen and pay attention to them.
Most dog walking services are very professional and dog loving people. It is however your responsibility to be certain whoever you let walk your dog is qualified to do so. Don't let just anyone exercise your dog!
Dog Walkers - Are They for You?
Taking good care of your dog is a huge responsibility, and unfortunately, for those of you who work, or are out of the house for long periods of time, our beloved family friend may be left alone, and many can be left feeling abandoned. Which is why, hiring the services of a professional canine walker or family pet care specialist is essential. The demand for this service has risen over recent years as people's lives have become busier with work and social events.
When employing the services of a dog walker through a agency it is very important that you meet the person that will be in control of your dog and ensure they can both deal the dog and also take care of him appropriately.
A family pet care specialist will also 'babysit' your dog if needed, as some dog owners prefer their dogs to have company all day long whilst they are out. Others will merely use the walking service and have their pet exercised daily.
Whether or not it is to exercise your dog daily or to care, play and walk him and keep him company all day, dog walking services and professional pet care is vital as research has shown that quite a few dogs, that are left unattended for long periods of time, may begin to chew on private belongings of the owner and, in some cases, become aggressive. Depending on your dog, more than a few hours may also be too much time to go with out food or to relieve themselves.
Exercising your dog is not only for physical exercise but it also helps your dog to have human contact which is very important. Remember that lack of exercise may cause energy to build up and your dog could very well be irritable and hot-headed too.
If you are struggling trying to juggle work, a social life and exercising your dog correctly then hiring the services of a dog walker will give you peace of mind, that whilst you are away, your dog is exercised, looked after and fed correctly.
Why You Should Walk Your Dog Regularly?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Golden Triangle and near by communities.