If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Foothills, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Foothills Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dogwalking in Foothills Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/east-calgary/
Apartment Dogs - Tips To Making Life Easier!
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
Dog Walking and Pet Sitting Services for Holidays.
If you are a resident of Calgary and you own a puppy, then you need to know about keeping your dog happy. Simple gestures in life matter to us the most. Puppy's also feel that. Taking your dog for a walk is just one of those simple gestures in a dog's life. But, how do you do that and juggle a busy schedule as well. It is common for most dog owners to fail to even give the animal a pat and worse off a walk. Walking is the best way to exercise and keep a dog healthy. If you have no time, then get the services of a dog walker.
The dog walker does not have to live in your area to give it a walk. As long as you give the person a call, they will come to your home and collect your dog. Your dog can take a walk to the park or nature walks. Wherever your puppy goes, it will enjoy being free. There are different kinds of dog walking services that are available. There are some dog walkers who offer individual walks. This means that only your animal is taken for a walk and there is more attention given to it. The dog will enjoy being spoilt just like you would. There are other puppy walkers who will take several from different homes at the same time. Well, good for your dog. A puppy is a social animal, so it can get to be with other canines and may even pick up good habits from other.
Giving the dog some exercise is not the only benefit the dog will get from dog walking. The dog will also get the much needed and essential training. The dog will learn how to behave on the leash when it is out in public. As a dog gets used to the leash, it will tolerate it better. There are other simple commands that it will learn which are essential for good behavior. It will also learn how to behave when it meets other dogs. You do not want your dog to be aggressive and attack other dogs. Generally the behavior of your dog will improve.
You should always think about what your puppy's needs are. If you are working, then you will almost never get time to take the dog walking. You will probably get stuck in traffic when you are supposed to take your dog for that needed walk. Even if you work at home, you will need to do the housework, take the kids to school, and do the shopping and the laundry. By the end of the day you are too tired to be lugging a dog around. Dog walking has been gaining a lot of popularity amongst dog owners. It will be pretty mean to your puppy if you do not call up a dog walker to take your for a date.
Dog Walking - 5 Reasons to Hire a Professional Dog Walker!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Foothills and near by communities.