If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Erlton, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Erlton Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walkers in Erlton Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/calgary-city-centre/
3 Good Reasons to Hire a Professional Dog Walker!
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Why You Need To Know Your Dog Walker?
When you get a new puppy or dog you need to house train your dog. Often owners might think that if they adopt a dog who was supposed to be house trained get a rude awakening when the dog goes indoors.
What you need to realize is that dog's do not generalize situations like humans. Just because a dog was house trained in one house does not guarantee that the dog will know that the same rules apply in the new house. That is when it is important to retrain the dog, this is what dog trainers call "Going Back To Kindergarten."
The good news is that your dog will learn faster the second time around since the dog already has a concept of going outside.
It is a common practice for new puppy owners leave their puppy at home with a potty mat for the puppy to potty on when they go to work and can't return to let the puppy out at the appropriate time. If you are going to be gone for the whole day this is a kind thing to do, since puppies cannot hold their bowels for long but at the same time it works against house breaking your puppy.
When you leave the puppy with potty pads for the day and your dog goes on the potty pads it is learning that it is OK to go inside your house. To believe that you can go back to training house training when you get back home is an illusion.
This gives the dog or puppy mixed message, it takes longer to house train your dog or puppy and since your puppy or dog is being reinforced to potty indoors when you are away you can expect the dog to have accidents in the house. Do not yell or punish the dog when this happens, it is not the dog's fault it is just doing what you taught it to do... go indoors when you are away.
For best results and to quickly house train any dog our dog should never be given the opportunity to go in the house. This way the puppy or dog is always reinforced by relieving itself outside as well as by you or another person taking the dog to pee outside.
You can do this easily by confining the dog in its crate when you cannot give it 100% of your attention to make sure the dog doesn't go indoors. and when its time for the dog or puppy to potty take him/her outside and when the deed is done lavishly praise and reinforce the puppy with treats and play.
But what happens when you have a puppy who cannot hold its bowels until you come home?
For this you can always ask a friend or neighbor to visit your puppy and let it out to potty, if you are 100% sure they are reliable. If you do not have any one you can rely on you can also use your local dog walking services.
Your dog walker will come to your house to pee and poop your puppy at the appropriate time. This way, the puppy will always get reinforced for going potty outside. This will strengthen your house training since the puppy will never get the chance to potty inside the house therefore, it will only learn that its good to go only outside.
Your dog walker should always reinforces puppies and dogs with praise, food, play and loving attention, making your puppy house training experience a walk in the park. Be sure that your local dog walking service does the same.
Hire Pet Care Services to Take Good Care of Your Pets.
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Erlton and near by communities.