If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Elbow Park, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Elbow Park Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Licensed Dog Walker in Elbow Park Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/calgary-city-centre/
Dog Walking, Visiting and Puppy Day Care.
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
Dogs - The Joy of Pet Sitters.
These are some of the most common reasons why pet owners enrol their dogs in behaviour training, yet the truth of the matter is that these habits often have a much simpler solution. While we may not think about it often, dogs actually have a strong need for mental and physical stimulation. Believe it or not, regular dog walking can be all you need to help curb these behaviours for good while also making your pet healthier and happier.
When you hire a dog walking expert, you can actually tailor services to the needs of you and your pet. If you regularly walk your dog, you may find that you only need to hire someone to keep your pet active and exercised while you are on vacation. For many pet owners, having someone come in during the work day and just take the dog for a great walk can help keep things calm and can keep a dog from destroying the house while the owner is away.
The simple fact is that a dog should be walked at least once daily, with many high energy breeds requiring longer walks or more frequent walks. Walking does more than just burn off energy and provide exercise, it actually offers great mental stimulation. Processing all of the visuals and smells encountered during a great walk helps to exercise your pet's brain as much as its body, and the effects can have a surprising impact on your dog's mental health and sense of well-being. We all want only the best for our pets, and dog walking is really one of the best things you can do outside of proper veterinary care and quality feeding. We all need a healthy mind, body and soul not only for ourselves but also our pets.
Dog walking can offer a significant boost to longevity by helping to keep the heart and muscles active and well exercised, but it does more than this. In addition to helping add years to your dog's life, you will find that frequent walks help put more life in your dog's years. A well exercised dog will remain active and playful much longer than a pet that leads a more sedentary lifestyle. If you are unable to provide daily walks or need someone to help keep your dog active while you are at work or on vacation, a dog walking service can be a great option!
Dog Walking Services - How to Pick a Dog Walker?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Elbow Park and near by communities.