If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Douglasdale Douglasglen, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Douglasdale Douglasglen Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dogwalkers in Douglasdale Douglasglen Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/se-calgary/
Dog Walkers - How They Can Helping You House Train Your Dog Or Puppy?
Dogs are special pets and at times more special than even a family member. It is vital for you to make additional arrangements in case if you are about to set on a travel trip for a few days and impossible to take your pet with you. These are the major reasons why more and more people are coming forward to hire pet care services to make the life of both individuals and their pets easier.
These days, you don't have to put extra efforts in finding good dog sitters who are expert and efficient to look after your dogs. Many pet sitters offer dog sitting services out of their love for these animals. Simultaneously, they must have owned a pet dog at some point of time which adds extra weight to their eligibility when they offer Pet Sitting services.
Simply put, dogs are accustomed to a set routine with regards to meals and walks and prefer their personal belongings as well. The belongings of such could range from their toys, water bowls, meal bowls or plates, their preferred cushions, blankets or comforters apart from their place within the house. For your concern, the dog sitter whom you prefer for looking after your pet will understand the importance of tracking the routine while complying with your dog's routine and wishes. If your pet requires any special care or drug, it will be attended to in the required manner ensuring your pet's health is not compromised in any manner. Usually these dog sitters have been dog owners which make them understand them easily and comfortably. Dog sitters ensure your dogs receive the best possible care.
Hence, a pet sitter will look after grooming, feeding, and even exercising your dogs as per habit and schedule. In addition, the pet sitter is also responsible for looking after your home, maintaining your garden, and even undertaking other small yet important tasks as per your instructions. The dog sitters can be out of your home for a maximum period of three hours during the day time for exploring the local area and of course for shopping if required, but at evening and night times the pet sitter will be at home.
Dog sitting has been proved to be valuable pet care services for the pet sitters. These professionals are widely known as "angels" as for they ensure your pet stays in good health within your home while its regular routine and schedules are maintained especially when you are not at your home.
Servicing Your Canine's Needs.
Finding a good dog walker to exercise your dog can be a bit tricky; after all we only want the best for canine family members. The internet has many listings for this service available and at a glance they all look promising. However there are a few things you should look at before handing your dog over to just any person willing to exercise your dog.
- Search the internet for dog walkers in your local area. When you have identified possible candidates take the time to read reviews regarding their service. Ask them for references, people that have used their service. Speak with as many of these people as possible so that you can get a good idea of how your canine companion will be treated. If there are no references available I would suggest not using the service.
- Ask you're Vet if they know of any dog walking services that they would recommend. Most veterinarians are up to date with these services and will likely point you in the right direction.
- Call a local dog club and ask if they know a reputable dog walking service. People that belong to dog clubs are usually good sources of dog information and will likely know of a good walker.
When you come up with a list of local walkers I suggest asking them for references. Call and talk with as many references as you possibly can to form your opinion of this service.
Once you have identified a walker you are interested in I suggest meeting them personally and have your dog present. See how they interact together and how the walker reacts in general. Are they kind, are they able to control the dog and do they reflect your values?
Ask a few questions like:
- What other services do they provide? If they provide other services like dog training, dog taxi etc., this shows that they are serious about what they do and very likely are competent walkers.
- Do they have dogs of their own and if so, how many and what dog breed? It is very unlikely that a good walker would not have a dog of their own.
- Do they have transportation, car, van or truck? And do they use a crate while transporting?
- Are they a licensed business and do they carry insurance?
Please take your time to find the right service for your canine companion and dig deep into your research. Once you have decided on a service give it a test run for a couple weeks and see how your dog reacts to the walker. Normally our dogs will let us know if something is not right, we just need to listen and pay attention to them.
Most dog walking services are very professional and dog loving people. It is however your responsibility to be certain whoever you let walk your dog is qualified to do so. Don't let just anyone exercise your dog!
Why You Should Hire a Dog Walker?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Douglasdale Douglasglen and near by communities.