If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in China Town, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst China Town Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walker Needed in China Town Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/calgary-city-centre/
Keeping Your Older Dog Healthy With Walking!
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Keeping Your Older Dog Healthy With Walking!
Taking good care of your dog is a huge responsibility, and unfortunately, for those of you who work, or are out of the house for long periods of time, our beloved family friend may be left alone, and many can be left feeling abandoned. Which is why, hiring the services of a professional canine walker or family pet care specialist is essential. The demand for this service has risen over recent years as people's lives have become busier with work and social events.
When employing the services of a dog walker through a agency it is very important that you meet the person that will be in control of your dog and ensure they can both deal the dog and also take care of him appropriately.
A family pet care specialist will also 'babysit' your dog if needed, as some dog owners prefer their dogs to have company all day long whilst they are out. Others will merely use the walking service and have their pet exercised daily.
Whether or not it is to exercise your dog daily or to care, play and walk him and keep him company all day, dog walking services and professional pet care is vital as research has shown that quite a few dogs, that are left unattended for long periods of time, may begin to chew on private belongings of the owner and, in some cases, become aggressive. Depending on your dog, more than a few hours may also be too much time to go with out food or to relieve themselves.
Exercising your dog is not only for physical exercise but it also helps your dog to have human contact which is very important. Remember that lack of exercise may cause energy to build up and your dog could very well be irritable and hot-headed too.
If you are struggling trying to juggle work, a social life and exercising your dog correctly then hiring the services of a dog walker will give you peace of mind, that whilst you are away, your dog is exercised, looked after and fed correctly.
Own a Dog? Learn More About Dog Walking.
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of China Town and near by communities.