Urban life can be hard for dogs including our tail wagging friends in Calgary’s Inner City. The truth of the matter is that many of us keep pets in cramped city apartments/condos and work long hours, resulting in a less than harmonious life for our pets. In most cases the people who need a dog walker work long hours or have dogs who can’t go outside on their own.
In certain situations, dogs may even be stuck in the house with no one to check on them the entire day or, in some severe cases, have crated dog(s) the entire day. Sad isn’t it?
Dogs like humans, are social animals and need daily exercise and stimulation.
Here’s a potential solution! – Why not find a local Calgary inner city dog walker, who will come pick up your dog and take them for a walk? Dog walking as a business is very popular in many areas of Calgary, but especially in communities and cities where people can’t get home in the afternoons to let their dogs out.
Dogs were born to work!
You might be thinking, “My dog has the whole back yard to play around in, I don’t need a dog walker.” Well, the back yard may entertain your dog for a short while but, that is not what our furry friends were born to do. Dogs were born to work! Some were bred to herd livestock, hunt or protect. A professional dog walker will know exactly how much exercise your dog will need.
Giving your dog the exercise he/she needs and keeping it as agile as possible will also help your dog feel younger so you can enjoy playing with him/her longer. If you are unable to walk your dog yourself to give it the minimum requirement of two walks a day, you can always hire a professional dog walker.
… minimum two walks per day …
UrbanPet.Life Offers Fully Qualified Dog Walkers, Dog Sitters and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walking in Calgary City Centre
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Calgary Inner City Neighborhoods Service Map
Recent Calgary Downtown and Inner Community Searches:
- Calgary Inner City Off-Leash Dog Parks
- Need Dog Walker in Downtown Calgary / Inner City
- Dog Walkers in Highwood
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Highland Park
- Professional Dog Walker in Greenview
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Greenview Industrial Park
- Pet Walker in Cambrian Heights
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Queens Park Village
- Dog Walker Needed in Banff Trail
- Dogwalker in Capitol Hill
- Dog Walker Needed in Rosemont
- Dog Walker Agency in Mount Pleasant
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Tuxedo Park
- Charges For Dog Walking in Winston Heights Mountview
- Dog Walking Companies in St. Andrews Heights
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Hounsfield Heights Briar Hill
- Dog Walking in Rosedale
- Dog Walker Needed in Crescent Heights
- Dogwalking in Renfrew
- Need Dog Walker in Point McKay
- Dog Walker in Parkdale
- Dog Walking Companies in West Hillhurst
- Charges For Dog Walking in Hillhurst
- Dogwalkers in Sunnyside
- Professional Dog Walker in Bridgeland Riverside
- Dogwalkers in Shaganappi
- Dog Walker Needed in Scarboro Sunalta West
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Sunalta
- Need Dog Walker in Scarboro
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Downtown West End
- Dog Walker Agency in Eau Claire
- Dog Walker Needed in China Town
- Dog Walking Services in Downtown Commercial Core
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Downtown East Village
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Lower Mount Royal
- Dogwalkers in Cliff Bungalow
- Pet Walkers in Beltline
- Need Dog Walker in Ramsay
- Dog Walking Companies in Inglewood
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Killarney Glengarry
- Dogwalker in Richmond
- Dogwalkers in Bankview
- Licensed Dog Walker in South Calgary
- Dog Walkers in Upper Mount Royal
- Dog Walkers in Erlton
- Dog Walkers in Mission
- Dog Walker Agency in Alyth Bonnybrook
- Dog Walker Agency in Roxboro
- Dog Walking in Parkhill
- Dog Walker Needed in Rideau Park
- Licensed Dog Walker in Elbow Park
- Dogwalking in Garrison Woods
- Dog Walker Agency in Altadore
- Dog Walker Needed in Britannia
- Dog Walking Companies in Elboya
- Dog Walking in Manchester
- Professional Dog Walker in Windsor Park
- Dog Walker Agency in Bel Aire
- Dog Walker Agency in Mayfair
- Dog Walker Agency in Windsor Park
- Pet Walkers in Manchester Industrial
- Need Dog Walker in Highfield
- Licensed Dog Walker in Burns Industrial
- Dog Walking Companies in Meadowlark Park
Dog Walking - 5 Reasons to Hire a Professional Dog Walker!
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
How to Choose a Dog Walker that's Right for Your Dog?
Note: urbanpet.life services the local communities of Calgary City Centre and its near by neighborhoods.