If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Brentwood, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Brentwood Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walking Services in Brentwood Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/nw-calgary/
Apartment Dogs - Tips To Making Life Easier!
Why would you hire a dog walker? Surely if you took the time to buy a dog, you knew of the commitment and was well aware that your new best friend would need walks? With the growing trend of hiring other people to walk our pets for us, it may lead us to question what makes dog walkers so special and why would anyone want to hire one? Well, here a 5 reasons to consider.
For those of us that work, we often feel guilty that our beloved pets may be left at home, lonely, bored and sometimes frightened. A hired dog walker can help with this. They offer services that involve collecting dogs during the day and taking them for a good, long walk when we can't always manage it ourselves.
During the autumn and winter months, the weather can be cold and wet and the dark nights can often leave some dog owners feeling a little vulnerable. The last thing that anyone really feels like doing is going out on a dark and rainy evening to take their dog for a walk. Some dog walkers offer evening services that can cater for just this.
If you only have one dog, he or she may greatly benefit from being taken on walks with other dogs. Dog walkers offer group walks enabling your pet to play and interact with other dogs in a safe and exciting environment.
Large dogs can often prove to be difficult and strenuous to walk. They need long, energetic walks but keeping them on a lead can be awkward and straining, especially for the elderly. An experienced walker would be able to take the strain away by giving it the walks it needs leaving you to enjoy the company of your dog at home!
Dog walkers are very handy for those days when you know that, with the best will in the world, you will not have the time or energy to take your pet for a walk. A professional person with a love of dogs is there for that very need.
Why Hire a Dog Walker?
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
Is it Necessary to Hire a Dog Walker?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Brentwood and near by communities.