If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Brentwood, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Brentwood Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walking Services in Brentwood Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/nw-calgary/
Is it Necessary to Hire a Dog Walker?
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Dog Walking Can Keep Your Pet Healthier and Better Behaved!
A professional dog walker is someone who will, for a fee, take your dog out for a walk whilst you are busy or away from home. Dog walking is a relatively new service industry and this article looks at reasons why hiring a dog walker can be a positive step for both you and your dog.
Many people lead busy lifestyles due to work and family commitments, and as a nation we are living longer. Some people find it increasingly difficult to give their dog the walk it deserves. A dog walker can relieve some of the pressure and offer a helping hand. If you feel that despite your best efforts, you have not been meeting your dog's needs for exercise, you may feel guilty. Hiring a professional dog walker can be a weight off your shoulder and meeting your dog's needs leads to a more enjoyable and rewarding experience for both you and your loyal companion.
Dogs that are left alone for long periods of time can become bored and lonely and this can lead to destructive behaviour. Dogs need company and they need regular exercise to keep them healthy and happy. If your dog has had an afternoon walk or play session, he will be tired out and content. You are more likely to return home to a house that is still in one piece.
If you have a puppy a dog walker can visit your house several times throughout the day for short toilet breaks. When your puppy is allowed outside the home, your walker can provide it with valuable opportunities to socialise. Socialisation is a very important part of your puppy's development. A dog that has been well socialised tends to grow up to become a confident, well-balanced pet who is happy to interact with other people and animals. Walking this type of dog is much easier and more enjoyable than walking one which has not had early socialisation experiences.
Professional dog walkers provide a valuable service and if you find someone who is reliable and trustworthy you and your dog can go on to develop a lasting friendship that enhances both your lives.
9 Reasons Why You Should Become a Dog Walker?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Brentwood and near by communities.