If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Bowness, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Bowness Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walking Companies in Bowness Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/nw-calgary/
Dog Walking, Visiting and Puppy Day Care.
If you are a resident of Calgary and you own a puppy, then you need to know about keeping your dog happy. Simple gestures in life matter to us the most. Puppy's also feel that. Taking your dog for a walk is just one of those simple gestures in a dog's life. But, how do you do that and juggle a busy schedule as well. It is common for most dog owners to fail to even give the animal a pat and worse off a walk. Walking is the best way to exercise and keep a dog healthy. If you have no time, then get the services of a dog walker.
The dog walker does not have to live in your area to give it a walk. As long as you give the person a call, they will come to your home and collect your dog. Your dog can take a walk to the park or nature walks. Wherever your puppy goes, it will enjoy being free. There are different kinds of dog walking services that are available. There are some dog walkers who offer individual walks. This means that only your animal is taken for a walk and there is more attention given to it. The dog will enjoy being spoilt just like you would. There are other puppy walkers who will take several from different homes at the same time. Well, good for your dog. A puppy is a social animal, so it can get to be with other canines and may even pick up good habits from other.
Giving the dog some exercise is not the only benefit the dog will get from dog walking. The dog will also get the much needed and essential training. The dog will learn how to behave on the leash when it is out in public. As a dog gets used to the leash, it will tolerate it better. There are other simple commands that it will learn which are essential for good behavior. It will also learn how to behave when it meets other dogs. You do not want your dog to be aggressive and attack other dogs. Generally the behavior of your dog will improve.
You should always think about what your puppy's needs are. If you are working, then you will almost never get time to take the dog walking. You will probably get stuck in traffic when you are supposed to take your dog for that needed walk. Even if you work at home, you will need to do the housework, take the kids to school, and do the shopping and the laundry. By the end of the day you are too tired to be lugging a dog around. Dog walking has been gaining a lot of popularity amongst dog owners. It will be pretty mean to your puppy if you do not call up a dog walker to take your for a date.
Simple Dog Walking Tips!
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
The Benefits of Employing a Professional Dog Walker!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Bowness and near by communities.