If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Oakridge, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Oakridge Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Oakridge Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/south-calgary/
Hire Dog Walking Professionals!
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Tips on Hiring a Dog Walker!
It might sound really funny at first, but there are professionals that have made a business out of dog walking because of the fact that they love dogs and they enjoy every experience with them. Why not make some money out of this in the meanwhile? We live in a world where people are not busy, they are super busy. They barely have the time for themselves to eat, sleep and work. Even if they are dog lovers, most of them don't have the physical time to take care of them properly. This is one of the reasons why some dogs are not taken out properly, others are not fed correctly and so on. That's the reason why the dog walking professionals are a great choice when it comes to this particular need. They are the persons that can enhance the quality of your dog's life, just by taking them for a walk on a daily basis.
There are people that enjoy doing this so much, that they take dogs from various people around the city and take them all for a walk. It really depends on the person, but there were cases when professionals took about 12 dogs out at the same time! It's really a hobby that has been transformed in a business by the ones that wanted to combine their love for dogs with a practical thing to do. An aspect that you should know about is related to the idea that there are some states where you need to have a document stating you are part of dog walking professionals. This is something that you can have online, from a referral or you can opt for obtaining it locally. It really depends on the fastest way that you want to apply. Furthermore, there is the idea of pricing. It's really something that you should be aware from the beginning: it's not the best paid job in the world, but if you build up your reputation and take care of the dogs properly, you can easily earn a good sum of money in order to have a decent life. This is not something that you do for money, as you do it because you love dogs as well. A piece of advice here is related to the idea that if you want to make more money out of dog walking, you should think about various possibilities that you can add to this particular service as well. For example, there are people that choose to wash the dogs as well. It's not that complicated and the products that you use are really easy to find and the pricing is really set by you.
Think about it, who wouldn't hire a dog walking professional that delivers some great work and some reasonable prices. It's basically the best thing that you can do when it comes to what you can offer. If you talk to your clients and highlight what you are capable of doing, they will have more confidence in your services.
Vacation Without Your Dog - 5 Ways to Keep Your Dog Happy While You're Away!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Oakridge and near by communities.