If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Montgomery, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Montgomery Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Charges For Dog Walking in Montgomery Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/nw-calgary/
Dog Walkers - How They Can Helping You House Train Your Dog Or Puppy?
Dog walking as a business is very popular in many areas, especially in towns and cities where people can't get home in the afternoons to let their dogs out. Dog walking appeals to many young people who may have some extra time on their hands and who are in good physical shape for walking dogs.
In most cases the people who need a dog walker work long hours and their dogs may be indoor dogs who can't go outside on their own. The dogs may be stuck in the house with no one to check on them all day or, in some cases, the dog may be crated. (Some dogs may have to be crated if they chew and destroy things in the house when they are left alone, for instance.) A dog walker can be in great demand in these circumstances.
If you are interested in starting a dog walking business there is not a large initial outlay of funds. You will need to be sure that you are insured, especially for the loss of one of your client's dogs or in case a dog that you are walking should bite someone. You can check with Pet Sitters Associates, LLC and Pet Sitters International regarding insurance. You do not have to be a member of Pet Sitters Associates, LLC to purchase insurance through them but you do have to be a member of PSI in order to purchase insurance.
You will also need some basic office supplies (even if you don't have an office) such as an appointment book and perhaps business cards. You may also want to have some invoices or sales receipts for your clients.
You should probably write up a simple contract to use with your clients. The contract should explain what your services will be and how much and when your clients will pay you. You may be able to find similar contracts already on the Internet.
Before you begin accepting clients you should also check to see if your state requires you to get business license. You should also talk to an accountant to see how your business should be set up financially. Finally, you will need to call your state's Department of Revenue to find out if you will need to tax your services. If you do, then you will need to pass these taxes on to your clients and report the taxes to the state each quarter.
If you plan to have other people working for you then you will need to be bonded. This will protect you in case someone working for you should take something from a client's home.
You can determine your rates by finding out what your competition is charging. In the beginning you will probably want to charge a little less in order to try to encourage customers to give you a try. Dog walking is usually charged according to time increments. You may also offer a monthly discount for people who sign up for an entire month from you in advance.
You may want to consider doing some advertising. This will help increase your business. At the very least you should put up your business card in vet offices, groomer salons, pet supply stores and other places where dog owners tend to visit. You should also consider writing up a press release about your new business and sending it to the local newspapers. Finally, it's a good idea to create a nice web site about your business, especially if you can create one that looks good.
3 Good Reasons to Hire a Professional Dog Walker!
Keep in mind that it is perfectly okay to be choosy about the dog walking service you select to care for your beloved pet. After all, you are leaving your family member and best friend in the care of someone new, and you want to be sure you are picking the right professional to look after your beloved dog. Follow these guidelines and you are well on your way to choosing the right Frisco dog walking company for you.
• Make sure your dog is not walked with any other dogs that do not belong to you. A dog walking company should never walk unfamiliar dogs together. You should have no more than two medium to large sized dogs walked together and no more than three small dogs walked at the same time.
• Make sure your dog walking company emphasizes proper leash walking techniques with your dog. They should be trying to have your dog eliminate in the yard before the walk, the dog should be on a short, loose leash, and the dog should walk at their side. The walker should have treats on hand for positive reinforcement and a doggie water bottle with tray for those scorching hot days.
• Make sure your dog walker is certified in pet care. Holding a certification from a national organization ensures your dog walker is educated on proper care and safety measures for your pet. Ask them to show you their NAPPS Certification or PSI Accreditation.
• Make sure the dog walker is certified in CPR and First Aid. If there is ever an emergency, which there could be walking your dog in the Texas heat, they will know how to respond.
• Make sure you and your dog walker have open communication. A binder with notes pages where they leave a detailed daily report about the dog walk visit each day is perfect. In the report they should note the dog's behaviors, the interactions between the walker and your dog, and anything else they did in the home, ie: provide fresh water, treat etc.
• Make sure your dog walker has a contract for you to sign that has services, fees, and policies clearly outlined. A contract is there not only to protect the dog walker, but to protect you and your dog as well. It should state what will happen in case of an emergency with your pet, as well as what will happen in case the assigned walker can not make it to walk your dog.
• Ask for references and call them. Any professional dog walking company should have references of happy dog walking clients. You will want to ask about their experience working with the company and if they recommend them.
• Foremost, make sure your dog and dog walker are compatible. Be sure to setup a pre-walking consultation for all of you to get acquainted before sending your loved one off with the dog walker. It really doesn't matter what certifications or experience your dog walker has if there's no compatibility.
Dog Walking - 5 Reasons to Hire a Professional Dog Walker!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Montgomery and near by communities.