If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Arbour Lake, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Arbour Lake Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walking Services in Arbour Lake Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/nw-calgary/
Deciding on a Good Dog Walking Firm.
One very important asset that is not really categorized by many as having a price tag attached to them is your family pet, particularly your dog. That doesn't make cats any less important but when it comes to putting a price on our canine friends there are some that are worth significant money. If they happen to be show stock, or come from a good blood line then it could automatically puts a price tag on them in the eyes of the unscrupulous.
To the owner of the beloved dogs there is no price that could buy the love and devotion shared between the pet and owner. Yet this is one of our most precious belongings that we often neglect to think about falling into the wrong hands. We are astute at watching for any signs of ill health, and we are diligent about making sure they don't wander away, but how often do our thoughts go to dog napping?
If this comes as a surprise that this takes place just take a look at recent news that reports that dog theft is on the rise. When you consider how expensive it has become now to purchase one of these wonderful pets you can see why they are generating interest by thieves. They are easy prey for the most part because of our neglect in realizing that they could become the target of theft.
For this reason it is important to become diligent and this includes the hiring of dog walking services. You need to check out the credentials of any individual that you are thinking of hiring to care or walk your dog in your absence. Not only do you want to check out their credibility but you need to be thorough at it.
Ideally visiting your dog walker at their residence is a good start. At least if you are assured that they have a permanent residence it lends to their trustworthiness. You want authentic letters of reference from both clients and character references. If your dog walker has come recommended to you from someone you trust then you can feel more comfortable. Again though be sure to question the person that is making the recommendation. Ask questions about how they know the dog walker, have they used their services and any other questions that will make you feel more comfortable about leaving your precious pooch in their care.
The Benefits of Employing a Professional Dog Walker!
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Dog Walkers - Are They for You?
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Arbour Lake and near by communities.