Urban life can be hard for dogs including our tail wagging friends in North Calgary. The truth of the matter is that many of us keep pets in cramped city apartments/condos and work long hours, resulting in a less than harmonious life for our pets. In most cases the people who need a dog walker work long hours or have dogs who can’t go outside on their own.
In certain situations, dogs may even be stuck in the house with no one to check on them the entire day or, in some severe cases, have crated dog(s) the entire day. Sad isn’t it?
Dogs like humans, are social animals and need daily exercise and stimulation.
Here’s a potential solution! – Why not find a local dog walker in North Calgary, who will come pick up your dog and take them for a walk? Dog walking as a business is very popular in many areas of North Calgary, but especially in communities and cities where people can’t get home in the afternoons to let their dogs out.
Dogs were born to work!
You might be thinking, “My dog has the whole back yard to play around in, I don’t need a dog walker.” Well, the back yard may entertain your dog for a short while but, that is not what our furry friends were born to do. Dogs were born to work! Some were bred to herd livestock, hunt or protect. A professional dog walker will know exactly how much exercise your dog will need.
Giving your dog the exercise he/she needs and keeping it as agile as possible will also help your dog feel younger so you can enjoy playing with him/her longer. If you are unable to walk your dog yourself to give it the minimum requirement of two walks a day, you can always hire a professional dog walker.
… minimum two walks per day …
UrbanPet.Life Offers Fully Qualified Dog Walkers, Dog Sitters and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walking Services in North Calgary
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Our Neighborhood Service Map for North Calgary and Nearby Communities.
Recent Calgary North Community Searches:
- Dogwalker in North Calgary
- Dog Walking in Aurora Business Park
- Pet Walker in Beddington Heights
- Dog Walker in Carrington
- Dog Walker Needed in Country Hills
- Dogwalkers in Country Hills Village
- Dogwalkers in Coventry Hills
- Dog Walking Services in Evanston
- Dog Walking Companies in Harvest Hills
- Dog Walker in Hidden Valley
- Hire A Dog Walker in Huntington Hills
- Need Dog Walker in Kincora
- Pet Walker in Livingston
- Average Dog Walking Rates in MacEwan Glen
- Need Dog Walker in Nolan Hill
- Dog Walking Services in North Haven
- Charges For Dog Walking in Panorama Hills
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Sage Hill
- Dog Walker Needed in Sandstone Valley
- Dog Walking in Sherwood
- Dog Walker Needed in Skyline West
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Stoney 1
- Licensed Dog Walker in Upper North Haven
Why You Should Walk Your Dog Regularly?
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Is it Necessary to Hire a Dog Walker?
Note: urbanpet.life services the local communities of North Calgary and its near by neighborhoods.