Urban life can be hard for dogs including our tail wagging friends in North Calgary. The truth of the matter is that many of us keep pets in cramped city apartments/condos and work long hours, resulting in a less than harmonious life for our pets. In most cases the people who need a dog walker work long hours or have dogs who can’t go outside on their own.
In certain situations, dogs may even be stuck in the house with no one to check on them the entire day or, in some severe cases, have crated dog(s) the entire day. Sad isn’t it?
Dogs like humans, are social animals and need daily exercise and stimulation.
Here’s a potential solution! – Why not find a local dog walker in North Calgary, who will come pick up your dog and take them for a walk? Dog walking as a business is very popular in many areas of North Calgary, but especially in communities and cities where people can’t get home in the afternoons to let their dogs out.
Dogs were born to work!
You might be thinking, “My dog has the whole back yard to play around in, I don’t need a dog walker.” Well, the back yard may entertain your dog for a short while but, that is not what our furry friends were born to do. Dogs were born to work! Some were bred to herd livestock, hunt or protect. A professional dog walker will know exactly how much exercise your dog will need.
Giving your dog the exercise he/she needs and keeping it as agile as possible will also help your dog feel younger so you can enjoy playing with him/her longer. If you are unable to walk your dog yourself to give it the minimum requirement of two walks a day, you can always hire a professional dog walker.
… minimum two walks per day …
UrbanPet.Life Offers Fully Qualified Dog Walkers, Dog Sitters and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walking Services in North Calgary
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Our Neighborhood Service Map for North Calgary and Nearby Communities.
Recent Calgary North Community Searches:
- Dogwalker in North Calgary
- Dog Walking in Aurora Business Park
- Pet Walker in Beddington Heights
- Dog Walker in Carrington
- Dog Walker Needed in Country Hills
- Dogwalkers in Country Hills Village
- Dogwalkers in Coventry Hills
- Dog Walking Services in Evanston
- Dog Walking Companies in Harvest Hills
- Dog Walker in Hidden Valley
- Hire A Dog Walker in Huntington Hills
- Need Dog Walker in Kincora
- Pet Walker in Livingston
- Average Dog Walking Rates in MacEwan Glen
- Need Dog Walker in Nolan Hill
- Dog Walking Services in North Haven
- Charges For Dog Walking in Panorama Hills
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Sage Hill
- Dog Walker Needed in Sandstone Valley
- Dog Walking in Sherwood
- Dog Walker Needed in Skyline West
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Stoney 1
- Licensed Dog Walker in Upper North Haven
Hire Pet Care Services to Take Good Care of Your Pets.
Finding a good dog walker to exercise your dog can be a bit tricky; after all we only want the best for canine family members. The internet has many listings for this service available and at a glance they all look promising. However there are a few things you should look at before handing your dog over to just any person willing to exercise your dog.
- Search the internet for dog walkers in your local area. When you have identified possible candidates take the time to read reviews regarding their service. Ask them for references, people that have used their service. Speak with as many of these people as possible so that you can get a good idea of how your canine companion will be treated. If there are no references available I would suggest not using the service.
- Ask you're Vet if they know of any dog walking services that they would recommend. Most veterinarians are up to date with these services and will likely point you in the right direction.
- Call a local dog club and ask if they know a reputable dog walking service. People that belong to dog clubs are usually good sources of dog information and will likely know of a good walker.
When you come up with a list of local walkers I suggest asking them for references. Call and talk with as many references as you possibly can to form your opinion of this service.
Once you have identified a walker you are interested in I suggest meeting them personally and have your dog present. See how they interact together and how the walker reacts in general. Are they kind, are they able to control the dog and do they reflect your values?
Ask a few questions like:
- What other services do they provide? If they provide other services like dog training, dog taxi etc., this shows that they are serious about what they do and very likely are competent walkers.
- Do they have dogs of their own and if so, how many and what dog breed? It is very unlikely that a good walker would not have a dog of their own.
- Do they have transportation, car, van or truck? And do they use a crate while transporting?
- Are they a licensed business and do they carry insurance?
Please take your time to find the right service for your canine companion and dig deep into your research. Once you have decided on a service give it a test run for a couple weeks and see how your dog reacts to the walker. Normally our dogs will let us know if something is not right, we just need to listen and pay attention to them.
Most dog walking services are very professional and dog loving people. It is however your responsibility to be certain whoever you let walk your dog is qualified to do so. Don't let just anyone exercise your dog!
Finding and Hiring a Dog Walker?
Note: urbanpet.life services the local communities of North Calgary and its near by neighborhoods.