If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in Meridian, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst Meridian Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Dogwalking in Meridian Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/ne-calgary/
Dog Walking Can Keep Your Pet Healthier and Better Behaved!
Tired of sitting in front of the computer everyday, dealing with unhappy clients on the phone, while your bosses keep finding things for you to do, AND reasons not to raise your pay? Do you think you need a career change?
In fact, many dog walking businesses started this way. We've heard plenty of stories where dog lovers, who spent years in corporate jobs, decided that they need a happier lifestyle and decided to do what they love doing and make money at the same time. So here I want to share with you 9 good reasons why you too should consider becoming a dog walker.
1. Your clients (especially the furry ones) are almost always happy
These poor things stay home all day long, and the only thing they look forward to is their masters coming back home late at night. Yet as soon as you enter their lives, you will now be their favorite person in the world! You will come by to give them love, take them out on a little adventure, and maybe give them a treat for their good behavior. Your furry clients will be almost always happy to see you!
Your human clients will be happier too! Many of them are either busy working professionals who don't have time to walk their dogs or busy working professionals who want to reward themselves with a nice, long trip. They love their dogs to bits, and have a photo of them on their Facebook profile, but have feelings of guilt because they just can't spend enough time with their dogs. You, as a dog walker, offer a solution not only for their dog walking but also for their bad feelings. You walk their dogs; the dogs are happy, and the owners are happy too.
2. You can start with a very small budget
I don't know many other businesses that you can start with such a small budget. To start off, you just need to register your business, create flyers and business cards, buy a few leashes, supplies, and dog walker insurance. If you have extra budget, you can invest in other marketing strategies such as local newspaper advertisements and Google/Facebook ads, but it is not necessary. You can create a website for free using WordPress or Weebly. That's a pretty good start. Spread the word through family and friends, use email and Facebook, and in no time you will be running your own dog walking business.
3. It can pay more than your desk job
According to our research, there are even job postings offering $3,000-4,000 per month for a full-time dog walker. That's double what some companies pay an administrative assistant! If you work for a dog walking company, it is common to earn anything within a range of $10-20 per hour. That's really not bad, considering today's job market.
4. You don't need a post-secondary degree or letters before/after your name
Dogs and dog owners don't care so much about what degree you have or whether you've got the 3 letters that give you a competitive edge in the corporate world. Of course, it is nice if you have pet CPR or First Aid training, but this can be obtained easily. Most importantly, they just want an honest, trustworthy and sincere person.
5. Everyday is different
As a dog walker, your day will never be like yesterday. Everyday you will be with a different dog, working in different weather, in a different neighborhood. This is what makes your work fun, entertaining and full of new discoveries!
6. You can work outside!
No more cold, dark offices where the AC keeps blowing away even though it's winter! If you love being outside, this is your dream job! You will come to appreciate nature more as well.
7. Flexible hours
It is your business, so you can decide what your work hours are. Thankfully, dogs don't need you to work 9-5. You can schedule your first few clients from noon to 3pm, have personal time from 3 to 6pm, then walk a few more dogs until 8pm. Of course, the more flexible you are, the more appointments you can get. But you definitely have a bit more control over your schedule.
8. You will never have to feel the need to go to the gym again!
If you want to make a living as a dog walker, you will be walking a few hours each day that you work. You could be running as well, if you offer a dog running service. You will never have to pay for 1-year gym membership again, half of which eventually goes to waste anyway. Say goodbye to those feelings that make you say, "Oh my, I'd better go back to the gym before summer." This job will help you stay fit and healthy, in a more fun and exciting way than running on a treadmill while reading a trash magazine!
9. Happy you
All of the above translates to a happy, energetic person. Plus, interacting with such happy animals regularly will have a positive effect on your mental health as well. Researches show that having pets or interacting with animals can reduce stress and anxiety. Dogs will make you walk, laugh, and meet new people. You will feel more energy and happiness.
So what are you waiting for? Take the step forward, find a dog walking job or start your own, and make a change in your life. In a few months, you will be so happy that you made the decision today.
Hire Professional Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Services During Holidays.
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Tips on Hiring a Dog Walker!
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of Meridian and near by communities.