If you don’t have the time to get out with your dog and enjoy walks in South Calgary, don’t let your dog miss out! There are plenty of professional dog walking services in most communities which offer semi regular or regular dog walking. If your dog must be left alone for 8 or more hours per day, consider using a dog walking service, and/or enrolling them in a doggie daycare at least twice a week. Not only will your dog will appreciate the social interaction with humans and dog playmates; it breaks the monotony of their day, and gives them something to look forward to.
Why is walking a dog so important?
Socializing your canine companion with a dog walker and other canines is very important and should be started as young as possible. By being away from it’s home, a dog will learn social skills and manners around other people and dogs. In doing so, it can help prevent certain aggression problems later on.
Regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog!
Dogs that do not get a change in the environment frequently enough can become depressed. A depressed dog can develop anxiety which can lead to behavior problems. Believe it or not, regular and daily dog walks, even if the follow a predictable path, will enliven your dog! It will be using all of it’s senses to its fullest ability thus exercising its mind as well as its muscles.
All dogs need exercise every day, even the smallest breeds need to have a daily workout of their little legs. The larger a dog is, generally the more exercise it will need. There are working breeds, however, that are deceptively small but needs loads of exercise. A qualified dog walker can properly assess the amount of exercise required by your dog or puppy.
A Favorite Amongst South Calgary Residents, UrbanPet.Life Offers Dog and Pet Care Services including:
- Licensed Dog Walker in South Calgary Neighborhood
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Find Out More: http://urbanpet.life/calgary-city-centre/
How to Select a Dog Walking Service?
A dog is regarded as the best friend to man. It appears that taking care and managing them is a simple and easy task. This is not the case when the pet owners have family and work matters tend to consume a lot of time. It is important to note that taking care of the pets can be a tough task and therefore there is a need to hire an experienced dog walker.
If you are a responsible pet owner, then you are aware of the benefits associated with taking care of the pets. Pets need daily walk so as to improve their health. If you do not have enough time or even energy to engage your pets in their daily work, then consider hiring a professional dog walking service company.
Most people love dogs, but due to the tough working schedules it becomes rather difficult for them to exercise their dogs by taking them for a walk. Research has revealed that when a pet is left at home alone and inside its small caging it will have bad health due to depression. Therefore dog walkers can greatly improve the health of your dog. This will at the long run make your dog and enjoying being around. It can be true to say that a happy pet equals a happy owner.
By hiring a professional dog walking company, pet owners should be rest assured of having their pets getting regular exercises even when they are away. It is important to note that all dogs need a given amount of simulation so as to remain active. The outdoors offer stimulating sound, smells and sights which are not available indoors. When the dogs walk naturally, they get an opportunity to be happy and healthy. When a dog gets more energy it can keep running and jumping around your apartment or compound.
Trained and qualified dog walkers can ensure that your dog is getting the much required social experience. Just like human beings the dogs are also social animals and therefore they need to go around. Bored dogs have been reported to be destructive and hence cause a lot of damage. Having your dog walking with other dogs creates a sense of simulation, exercise and companionship.
Pets that undertake regular exercises are very easier to manage and also very restless. A barking dog can become a nuisance to the neighbors. It is the duty of the dog owner to develop a plan for the dog walking.
Tips for Finding a Dog Walker!
Living With An Apartment Dog
Think dogs can't happily live in apartments? Just go to any large city in the United States and look around. Notice all the dogs, in the parks, being walked down the neighborhood sidewalks. Odds are the majority of these very happy dogs live in apartments.
Important Things To Consider
- Choosing a breed or mix breed to be your apartment dog is the hardest part. You have to think about size, tendencies to bark, temperament and behavior around strangers. This is a tricky one as some larger breeds are far less boisterous than the little guys and require a lot less activity.
- Scope out the neighborhood, parks close by, maybe tree lined streets. Somewhere convenient for your companion to relieve himself, and get rid of all of his built up energy.
- Time management is very important. Can your companion hold his bladder for eight or nine hours or are you going to have try to make it home on your lunch break? Maybe you should consider a dog walking service. Dog walkers can be a very handy tool in cities, and more affordable than you would think. When you take your dog to a local trainer they will most likely have some great references. You don't want to trust just anybody with keys to your apartment and access to your companion.
- Dog training is important for every dog but none more so than an apartment dog in the city. Being able to recall your dog at any time is a must and "stay" must be like second nature. Being able to heel like a pro will save you a lot of stress and frustration in the long run. Also a well behaved dog in a small home is so much easier to live with.
- Dogs and especially puppies are easily frightened or startled by all the sounds and movement of a city environment. So you will need to consistently reassure your companion that all of these noises and fast moving objects are normal and completely harmless.
Dogs can be very happy in urban apartment living with the proper training, management and reassurance. You would be very surprised at which breeds adapt the best and make great apartment dogs. Some of the best apartment dogs are at your local animal shelter. Just because it's an apartment dog doesn't mean it has to be a little guy, although they are great choices too.
Yes, owning dogs in the city can be a bit of a headache at times but having a great canine companion is worth any hassle.
Some Things To Know About Professional Dog Walking.
Note: urbanpet.life services the neighborhood of South Calgary and near by communities.