Urban life can be hard for dogs including our tail wagging friends in Calgary’s Inner City. The truth of the matter is that many of us keep pets in cramped city apartments/condos and work long hours, resulting in a less than harmonious life for our pets. In most cases the people who need a dog walker work long hours or have dogs who can’t go outside on their own.
In certain situations, dogs may even be stuck in the house with no one to check on them the entire day or, in some severe cases, have crated dog(s) the entire day. Sad isn’t it?
Dogs like humans, are social animals and need daily exercise and stimulation.
Here’s a potential solution! – Why not find a local Calgary inner city dog walker, who will come pick up your dog and take them for a walk? Dog walking as a business is very popular in many areas of Calgary, but especially in communities and cities where people can’t get home in the afternoons to let their dogs out.
Dogs were born to work!
You might be thinking, “My dog has the whole back yard to play around in, I don’t need a dog walker.” Well, the back yard may entertain your dog for a short while but, that is not what our furry friends were born to do. Dogs were born to work! Some were bred to herd livestock, hunt or protect. A professional dog walker will know exactly how much exercise your dog will need.
Giving your dog the exercise he/she needs and keeping it as agile as possible will also help your dog feel younger so you can enjoy playing with him/her longer. If you are unable to walk your dog yourself to give it the minimum requirement of two walks a day, you can always hire a professional dog walker.
… minimum two walks per day …
UrbanPet.Life Offers Fully Qualified Dog Walkers, Dog Sitters and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walking in Calgary City Centre
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Calgary Inner City Neighborhoods Service Map
Recent Calgary Downtown and Inner Community Searches:
- Calgary Inner City Off-Leash Dog Parks
- Need Dog Walker in Downtown Calgary / Inner City
- Dog Walkers in Highwood
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Highland Park
- Professional Dog Walker in Greenview
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Greenview Industrial Park
- Pet Walker in Cambrian Heights
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Queens Park Village
- Dog Walker Needed in Banff Trail
- Dogwalker in Capitol Hill
- Dog Walker Needed in Rosemont
- Dog Walker Agency in Mount Pleasant
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Tuxedo Park
- Charges For Dog Walking in Winston Heights Mountview
- Dog Walking Companies in St. Andrews Heights
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Hounsfield Heights Briar Hill
- Dog Walking in Rosedale
- Dog Walker Needed in Crescent Heights
- Dogwalking in Renfrew
- Need Dog Walker in Point McKay
- Dog Walker in Parkdale
- Dog Walking Companies in West Hillhurst
- Charges For Dog Walking in Hillhurst
- Dogwalkers in Sunnyside
- Professional Dog Walker in Bridgeland Riverside
- Dogwalkers in Shaganappi
- Dog Walker Needed in Scarboro Sunalta West
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Sunalta
- Need Dog Walker in Scarboro
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Downtown West End
- Dog Walker Agency in Eau Claire
- Dog Walker Needed in China Town
- Dog Walking Services in Downtown Commercial Core
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Downtown East Village
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Lower Mount Royal
- Dogwalkers in Cliff Bungalow
- Pet Walkers in Beltline
- Need Dog Walker in Ramsay
- Dog Walking Companies in Inglewood
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Killarney Glengarry
- Dogwalker in Richmond
- Dogwalkers in Bankview
- Licensed Dog Walker in South Calgary
- Dog Walkers in Upper Mount Royal
- Dog Walkers in Erlton
- Dog Walkers in Mission
- Dog Walker Agency in Alyth Bonnybrook
- Dog Walker Agency in Roxboro
- Dog Walking in Parkhill
- Dog Walker Needed in Rideau Park
- Licensed Dog Walker in Elbow Park
- Dogwalking in Garrison Woods
- Dog Walker Agency in Altadore
- Dog Walker Needed in Britannia
- Dog Walking Companies in Elboya
- Dog Walking in Manchester
- Professional Dog Walker in Windsor Park
- Dog Walker Agency in Bel Aire
- Dog Walker Agency in Mayfair
- Dog Walker Agency in Windsor Park
- Pet Walkers in Manchester Industrial
- Need Dog Walker in Highfield
- Licensed Dog Walker in Burns Industrial
- Dog Walking Companies in Meadowlark Park
Hire Professional Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Services During Holidays.
Pet sitter. The two words that bring joy to the hearts of dogs and dog trainers across the country. A relationship with a pet sitter is one of the most important relationships a dog owner will ever have.
What is a pet sitter?
Pet sitters are professional animal care providers who take care of your pets when you're not home. I'm not referring to the neighbor who occasionally lets your dog out or the teenager with a part-time dog walking service. I'm talking about professional pet sitters, whose full-time business is taking care of their customers' pets.
Why should I hire a pet sitter?
A pet sitter is the one resource you can always count on. Whether you have an emergency, are going on vacation, or want to schedule daily visits for your pet, a pet sitter is always available. Of equal importance, they provide for your pet, the same, exceptional care that you would.
From a behavioral standpoint, there are several benefits to hiring a pet sitter. If you're leaving town for vacation, boarding facilities are fine, but pets tend to be less stressed at home in their own environment. When you ask family, neighbors or your own kids to watch your dogs, there are some risks. While these folks are always willing to help, they typically don't have the training, education or experience required to handle an emergency or deal with dramatic pet behavior. A dog's behavior does change when their "parents" are not present. When Fluffy bolts out the front door, is your teenager going to know what to do? Will he even notice? Did he leave the door open on purpose? Pet sitters are experienced dog handlers. They expect the unexpected and know exactly how to handle it. They understand that adorable and well-behaved Fluffy is probably going to show her fur once Mom and Dad are gone, and they know how to mitigate the resulting behaviors and situations. Hiring a professional will substantially decrease your worry while you are away.
Dogs home alone all day suffer from a lack of physical and mental stimulation. This manifests itself in destructive or obsessive behaviors, which include excessive barking, licking, tail chasing and running in circles. Unlike cats, dogs are not solitary creatures. They are bred as companion pets and have an innate need to be with people. Lacking this, they become bored and frustrated and act out with poor behaviors. For the pets that are home alone all day, hiring a pet sitter to visit every day substantially impacts the pet's well-being which directly affects their behavior.
The last, yet equally important reason to have a daily pet sitter is simply this...can you hold it for 10 hours?
If you're out of the house all day, you can't expect your pet not to have an accident. In fact, many of the calls we get relative to housebreaking problems aren't really housebreaking problems at all. Rather, it's that the dogs are given no other choice. Like humans, pets cannot hold their bladders or bowels for long periods of time.
What services do they offer and what is the cost?
Services and fees vary, so be sure to ask these questions when you are interviewing pet sitters. The two services our dog trainers recommend the most are potty-breaks, to allow the pet to relieve himself, and long walks which provide physical and mental stimulation to break up the monotony of the pet's day. From a behavioral standpoint, and for the pet's emotional well-being, pet sitters are worth their weight in gold.
Why You Should Hire a Dog Walker?
Note: urbanpet.life services the local communities of Calgary City Centre and its near by neighborhoods.