Urban life can be hard for dogs including our tail wagging friends in Calgary’s Inner City. The truth of the matter is that many of us keep pets in cramped city apartments/condos and work long hours, resulting in a less than harmonious life for our pets. In most cases the people who need a dog walker work long hours or have dogs who can’t go outside on their own.
In certain situations, dogs may even be stuck in the house with no one to check on them the entire day or, in some severe cases, have crated dog(s) the entire day. Sad isn’t it?
Dogs like humans, are social animals and need daily exercise and stimulation.
Here’s a potential solution! – Why not find a local Calgary inner city dog walker, who will come pick up your dog and take them for a walk? Dog walking as a business is very popular in many areas of Calgary, but especially in communities and cities where people can’t get home in the afternoons to let their dogs out.
Dogs were born to work!
You might be thinking, “My dog has the whole back yard to play around in, I don’t need a dog walker.” Well, the back yard may entertain your dog for a short while but, that is not what our furry friends were born to do. Dogs were born to work! Some were bred to herd livestock, hunt or protect. A professional dog walker will know exactly how much exercise your dog will need.
Giving your dog the exercise he/she needs and keeping it as agile as possible will also help your dog feel younger so you can enjoy playing with him/her longer. If you are unable to walk your dog yourself to give it the minimum requirement of two walks a day, you can always hire a professional dog walker.
… minimum two walks per day …
UrbanPet.Life Offers Fully Qualified Dog Walkers, Dog Sitters and Pet Care Services including:
- Dog Walking in Calgary City Centre
- Dog Walking (One-on-One or Pack Walks)
- On/Off-Leash Park Fun
- On-Leash Neighborhood Walks
- In Home Pet Sitting
- Adventures, Water Fun & Hikes
- Miday Puppy & Senior Potty Breaks
- Pet Taxi Services
- Medication Administration
Calgary Inner City Neighborhoods Service Map
Recent Calgary Downtown and Inner Community Searches:
- Calgary Inner City Off-Leash Dog Parks
- Need Dog Walker in Downtown Calgary / Inner City
- Dog Walkers in Highwood
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Highland Park
- Professional Dog Walker in Greenview
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Greenview Industrial Park
- Pet Walker in Cambrian Heights
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Queens Park Village
- Dog Walker Needed in Banff Trail
- Dogwalker in Capitol Hill
- Dog Walker Needed in Rosemont
- Dog Walker Agency in Mount Pleasant
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Tuxedo Park
- Charges For Dog Walking in Winston Heights Mountview
- Dog Walking Companies in St. Andrews Heights
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Hounsfield Heights Briar Hill
- Dog Walking in Rosedale
- Dog Walker Needed in Crescent Heights
- Dogwalking in Renfrew
- Need Dog Walker in Point McKay
- Dog Walker in Parkdale
- Dog Walking Companies in West Hillhurst
- Charges For Dog Walking in Hillhurst
- Dogwalkers in Sunnyside
- Professional Dog Walker in Bridgeland Riverside
- Dogwalkers in Shaganappi
- Dog Walker Needed in Scarboro Sunalta West
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Sunalta
- Need Dog Walker in Scarboro
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Downtown West End
- Dog Walker Agency in Eau Claire
- Dog Walker Needed in China Town
- Dog Walking Services in Downtown Commercial Core
- Dog Walker Advertisings in Downtown East Village
- Average Dog Walking Rates in Lower Mount Royal
- Dogwalkers in Cliff Bungalow
- Pet Walkers in Beltline
- Need Dog Walker in Ramsay
- Dog Walking Companies in Inglewood
- Dog Walkers Wanted in Killarney Glengarry
- Dogwalker in Richmond
- Dogwalkers in Bankview
- Licensed Dog Walker in South Calgary
- Dog Walkers in Upper Mount Royal
- Dog Walkers in Erlton
- Dog Walkers in Mission
- Dog Walker Agency in Alyth Bonnybrook
- Dog Walker Agency in Roxboro
- Dog Walking in Parkhill
- Dog Walker Needed in Rideau Park
- Licensed Dog Walker in Elbow Park
- Dogwalking in Garrison Woods
- Dog Walker Agency in Altadore
- Dog Walker Needed in Britannia
- Dog Walking Companies in Elboya
- Dog Walking in Manchester
- Professional Dog Walker in Windsor Park
- Dog Walker Agency in Bel Aire
- Dog Walker Agency in Mayfair
- Dog Walker Agency in Windsor Park
- Pet Walkers in Manchester Industrial
- Need Dog Walker in Highfield
- Licensed Dog Walker in Burns Industrial
- Dog Walking Companies in Meadowlark Park
Own a Dog? Learn More About Dog Walking.
When you get a new puppy or dog you need to house train your dog. Often owners might think that if they adopt a dog who was supposed to be house trained get a rude awakening when the dog goes indoors.
What you need to realize is that dog's do not generalize situations like humans. Just because a dog was house trained in one house does not guarantee that the dog will know that the same rules apply in the new house. That is when it is important to retrain the dog, this is what dog trainers call "Going Back To Kindergarten."
The good news is that your dog will learn faster the second time around since the dog already has a concept of going outside.
It is a common practice for new puppy owners leave their puppy at home with a potty mat for the puppy to potty on when they go to work and can't return to let the puppy out at the appropriate time. If you are going to be gone for the whole day this is a kind thing to do, since puppies cannot hold their bowels for long but at the same time it works against house breaking your puppy.
When you leave the puppy with potty pads for the day and your dog goes on the potty pads it is learning that it is OK to go inside your house. To believe that you can go back to training house training when you get back home is an illusion.
This gives the dog or puppy mixed message, it takes longer to house train your dog or puppy and since your puppy or dog is being reinforced to potty indoors when you are away you can expect the dog to have accidents in the house. Do not yell or punish the dog when this happens, it is not the dog's fault it is just doing what you taught it to do... go indoors when you are away.
For best results and to quickly house train any dog our dog should never be given the opportunity to go in the house. This way the puppy or dog is always reinforced by relieving itself outside as well as by you or another person taking the dog to pee outside.
You can do this easily by confining the dog in its crate when you cannot give it 100% of your attention to make sure the dog doesn't go indoors. and when its time for the dog or puppy to potty take him/her outside and when the deed is done lavishly praise and reinforce the puppy with treats and play.
But what happens when you have a puppy who cannot hold its bowels until you come home?
For this you can always ask a friend or neighbor to visit your puppy and let it out to potty, if you are 100% sure they are reliable. If you do not have any one you can rely on you can also use your local dog walking services.
Your dog walker will come to your house to pee and poop your puppy at the appropriate time. This way, the puppy will always get reinforced for going potty outside. This will strengthen your house training since the puppy will never get the chance to potty inside the house therefore, it will only learn that its good to go only outside.
Your dog walker should always reinforces puppies and dogs with praise, food, play and loving attention, making your puppy house training experience a walk in the park. Be sure that your local dog walking service does the same.
Day in the Life of a Professional Dog Walker and Pet Sitter.
Note: urbanpet.life services the local communities of Calgary City Centre and its near by neighborhoods.